Styrofoam is a trademark of The Dow Chemical Company and is available in Malaysia through Mudahjuta Industries Sdn Bhd (MISB)
STYROFOAM™ has been manufactured by Dow for more than 60 years. The process of extruding foamed polystyrene results in a material with uniformly small, closed cells, a smooth 'skin' and an unrivalled set of properties which make it the choice of specifiers in a wide range of demanding insulation applications:
- Low thermal conductivity - minimising the board thickness needed to achieve a specific U-value, thus allowing the designer greater flexibility.
- High compressive strength - in load-bearing applications, the closed cell structure gives the foam great rigidity and makes it highly resistant to compression.
- Low water absorption - STYROFOAM has natural resistance to rain, snow, frost and water vapour which makes it an exceptionally stable material, retaining its initial insulation performance and physical integrity in exposed conditions over the very long term. It was this unusual property that made possible the inverted warm roof concept, pioneered by Dow.
- Workability- STYROFOAM is easily worked with normal hand tools.
- Hygiene - STYROFOAM boards have low susceptibility to rot and mould or fungal growth is therefore minimised. They are clean, odourless and free from irritating dust.
Mudahjuta Industries Sdn Bhd (MISB) is the official supplier and distributor of Dow Styrofoam™ in Malaysia.
STYROFOAM is available in a number of different grades designed to meet the performance requirements of specific applications.
Each construction project has its own unique combination of insulation requirements. Developing an accurate insulation project specification can be a time-consuming process. However, the designer now has available a range of fast-track templates in the form of STYROFOAM Solutions.
For more information on Styrofoam products available in Malaysia, please contact MISB below:
3A, Jalan Telawi Lima,
Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 22841019
Fax: +603 22842339
For more information on Styrofoam in Malaysia please visit our corporate website www.misb.com.my